Friday, February 3, 2012

A Frosting Trick

I don't know about you, but I use a lot of frosting which usually means I use a lot of disposable decorating bags.  I seriously don't want to clean out re-usable ones, they are such a mess by the time I am done.

Well no more ladies and gentlemen!

This is one of the best things I have found on Pinterest in a long time.  It has revolutionized the way I decorate and my life has gotten so much better (sad but true).

Sometimes I think, this (insert any number of things) has got to be a lot easier than it is.  And then I leave it at that.  Heaven forbid I actually sit down and try to think of a way to make it easier.  But today folks...who ever thought of this is on my new favorite person list.  They are amazing!!  And this concept is brilliant.

All it involves is your decorating usuals and SARAN WRAP so lets get started.
1.  Assemble all your paraphernalia.  I have used this with any number of frostings and they all work great so just make your favorite kind and you should be set.
 2.  Cut off a long piece of saran wrap and carefully put your frosting in a narrow log in the middle of it.  At this point you might ask how much to put in it--well folks, it totally depends on how big your bag is and how much frosting you made.  You just want to make sure it will fit in your bag.
 3.  Wrap the saran wrap around your frosting and twist both ends very well.
 4.  Assemble your bag (minus your tip) and gently put your saran wrapped frosting inside your bag, pulling out one twisted end until you can see the frosting at the tip.
 5.  Cut off the twisted part (only on the one end).
6.  Put your tip on and wallah!  Ready to decorate.  When you are done all you have to do is pull out the saran wrap and you have a very clean bag.  Genius!!

Hope it helps, it was a lightbulb moment for me.
Blogging tips