Monday, April 16, 2012

Plain Jane Vanilla Cupcakes

 I mentioned that we got to celebrate a birthday last week.  I now have an 8 year old and she is quite excited about it.  It is so fun to see their happiness over their special day, especially because she got to turn 8 on the 8th so it's a magic year for her.

This daughter of mine is my affectionate but tomboyish girl.  She loves to give hugs and kisses but she always has her hair in a ponytail and refuses to let me do it any other way, especially curling it.

So I decided for her birthday I would do something simple and plain but a little girly.  These cupcakes were perfect.  I got the recipe from Ashton at Something Swanky.  

Have you been to her blog?  If not you should go check it out because she has awesome dessert recipes and I won some of her favorite things and I have been loving them.  This is her favorite vanilla cupcake recipe and she graciously sent it along to me.

These cupcakes were delightful.  A moist, yummy, simple cupcake with some delicious buttercream frosting.  You totally can't go wrong there.

Plain Jane Vanilla Cupcakes

(click here for printable version)

1 1/2 (3/4 cup) sticks unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla paste (this stuff is heaven--if you don't have just add the regular stuff)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups milk

1.  Preheat oven to 375°F.  Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer (yep you can just dump them all together) and mix until well combined.  Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 19-20 minutes or until lightly browned.

2.  Remove from oven and let cool completely.  Frost with your favorite vanilla buttercream (this is mine), adding vanilla paste in place of the vanilla, if you have it.  Enjoy!
Blogging tips