Don't those just look so pretty!!??
Anyway...I love it when my food turns out. These cookies were a dream to make. Which is awesome because I would probably much rather make these than have a real s'more.
You see the regular 'ole graham cracker, marshmallow, hershey is just not my thing. It's fine, I don't mind them but I certainly am not going to pick them for my birthday!!
All those ingredients are great but for some reason in that version, it not my favorite. Now if you mix it up a little bit and add some fudge striped cookies, peanut oreos, or peanut cups I am much for willing to have a bite.
Because of that I really wanted to try a s'more cookie. And guess what, they were terrific. So yummy and delicious and amazing right out of the oven.
(click here for printable version)
1 package graham crackers (9 full sized graham crackers)
6 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature*
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cup flour
2 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
24 large marshmallows
4 small 1.55 oz Hershey bars
* If you forget to take your eggs out in time, just put them in a bowl, cover them with hot water from the tap, and let sit 5 minutes. You're ready to go!
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F. Break the graham cracker crumbs up into pieces. Place them in a small food processor and pulse to fine crumbs. (If you don't have a food processor you can crush your crackers into crumbs by placing them in a gallon sized zip loc bag, sealing the bag securely and then smashing the crumbs with a rolling pin) Add to your crumbs 6 tbsp melted butter, sugar and a dash of salt. Let the food processor grind all of the ingredients together nicely. Set the crumbly mixture aside.
2. Place your softened butter and brown sugar into a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until the ingredients are light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add your eggs, milk and vanilla and mix for another 2 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl combine your baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Add it to your creamed mixture and mix until combined. Toss in your chocolate chips and mix just until the chips are evenly distributed. Then add your graham cracker crumbs to the cookie dough. Using a wooden spoon smash them into the cookie dough until just barely combined.
4. Roll the dough into 2 inch balls, place them on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet and bake for about 6 minutes, or just until the cookies begin to crack. While your cookies are in the oven, cut the large marshmallows in half. Press a marshmallow piece into the center of each hot cookie. Return the sheet to the oven and bake for about 1 1/2 (mine took about 2 minutes) more minutes allowing the marshmallows to puff up.
5. Remove the sheet from the oven. Let the cookies sit for about 2 minutes, then press one Hershey bar piece into the center of the marshmallow. Remove the cookies from the sheet and allow them to finish cooling on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Source: Jamie Cooks It Up