Hopefully your not sick of family pictures yet cause I just want to give a shout out to the hubs. We celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary today. Wow...where does time go, not to mention what does it do to our bodies! Good thing he still loves me, even after a body that has been filled with 4 children and many, many delicious treats.
Maybe it's all those treats I make. Especially ones like these. Oh my!
There are just certain foods I have a hard time staying away. The self control is so not there. Any kind of chex mix is one of these for me.
Plus since it's one of the desserts I can eat--the justification is going full steam ahead. And it doesn't help that it's nutella and so much delicious crunchiness. That's a perfect snack to this lady!
Nutella Almond Muddy Buddies
(click here for printable version)
9 cups Rice Chex
1 cup almonds, whole, unsalted
1 cup semisweet (or dark chocolate) chocolate chips
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp Nutella
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Measure out the cereal and almonds into a large bowl and set aside.
2. Pour the powdered sugar in a large ziptop bag and set aside.
3. Over low (and I mean LOW) heat in a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate chips, the butter, and the nutella together until smooth (if it begins to seize, pull it off the heat immediately and go ahead to the next step even if not completely smooth-- it will still turn out ok).
4. Pour the chocolate over the cereal and gently stir to coat with a rubber spatula (if chocolate has seized a little, just continue, the powdered sugar will fix everything). This takes a few minutes. Be patient and keep gently stirring.
5. Place the coated cereal in the ziptop bag. Seal well and shake to coat with the sugar. Serve it how you like it, chilled or warm and melty (my favorite!). Enjoy.
Source: Something Swanky