Last week I had the opportunity to make dinner for the ladies in my ward. I served a fresh peach and cream cheese pie in 1/2 pint jars because we were on a country picnic (and let's face it--anything in a jar is way cute!).
That pie, is one of my new FAVORITE pies. It is amazing and since I have lots of fresh peaches around my house, we have made it 3 times along with my other favorite peach pie. I know, I know, but pie and fruit are what I have been craving. So delicious!!
Lots of my ladies asked for the recipe so here it is. I know you've been asking for awhile and sorry it took a long time, but life is just sometimes like that. But no worries, here it is now, and your life will be forever changed.
Now before you say, "WAIT!! That's not what she made the other night", it totally is. But with fresh blackberries. That is the beauty of this pie. It can be made with any fresh fruit you have around the house. We happened to have some fresh blackberries, which is also my son's favorite thing. So we switched out the peaches and added berries. Fantastic. Life-altering. Perfect.
Fresh Blackberry (or Peach) and Cream Cheese Pie
(click here for printable version)
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup fresh blackberries, rinsed, drained and smashed up (or 2 large peaches, peeled and smashed up)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 tbsp butter
4 cups blackberries, rinsed and drained (or 8 peaches, peeled and sliced)
3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 2 packages)
3/4 cup (12 tbsp) butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 t cinnamon (only if doing the peaches version)
2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 16 oz cool whip
2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1. To make the fruit topping, place cornstarch into a medium saucepan. Pour the 1/2 cup water over the top and stir it around until it's all combined. Set aside. In a separate bowl smash up the 1 cup smashed blackberries or 2 smashed peaches.
2. Add the smashed fruit, sugar, almond extract, and butter into the cornstarch mixture and stir until completely combined. Heat mixture over medium high. Let it come to a boil while you stir it constantly. Let cook for about 2 minutes or until it's nice and thick. Set it aside to cool.
3. To make the crust, put all crust ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Stir until well combined. Divide mixture in half. Press each half into a 9 inch pie tin, using a measuring cup to press it down.
4. To make the filling, in the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla, dash of salt, and beat until nice and smooth. Add your cool whip and let beat until fluffy. Put half of the filling into each crust and spread evenly.
5. Add the rest of your fresh fruit (berries or peaches) to the cooled topping glaze. Fold together until combined and pour over the top of each pie. Wrap each pie with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least an hour, prior to serving. Enjoy!
Source: Jamie Cooks It Up