Thursday, November 15, 2012

Coconut Key Lime Pie

And up for pie #4...this beauty.

I love coconut.  Always have.  I know for some people it's a take or leave it kinda thing but mine has always been a take it. 

One of my favorite pies ever is this Coconut Cream Pie. My world changed after I tasted it. You know why...2 words...coconut milk.

Man does it make pies taste way better (I mean it totally makes sense since it's the real thing versus the imitation stuff).  When I saw the recipe for this I knew I had to make it.  I mean it calls for coconut milk too.  That sealed the deal for this lady.

This pie was fabulous.  It is very mild on the lime and coconut but a perfect combination.  Top it with toasted coconut and wow!  Absolute deliciousness.
“I’m partying at the Pi Day Pie Party at Crazy for Crust today. Come party with us!”



Coconut Key Lime Pie

(click here for printable version)

1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 can (13.5 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
1/3 cup fresh or bottled Key lime juice
7 large egg yolks
1 pre-made graham cracker crust
2 cups cold heavy cream
2 tbsp powdered sugar
3 tbsp sweetened shredded coconut, toasted

1. Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk, coconut milk, lime juice, and egg yolks until smooth. Pour into pre-made graham cracker crust and bake until set but still slightly wobbly in center, about 40 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, 1 1/2 to 2 hours, then refrigerate at least 3 hours (or up to 1 day).

2. When ready to serve, in large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream and powdered sugar on high until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Top pie with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve and enjoy!

Source: Martha Stewart
Blogging tips