Friday, February 15, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies [Gluten Free]

So it's been 8 months since I have been eating gluten free.  For the most part it's been relatively easy.  When it makes me feel so much better, it's easier to do the right thing and eat well.

But being this far out, I am starting to have some cravings.  Especially as the hubs pulls out freshly baked chocolate peanut butter cookies (just last night--I might add!).  My mouth starts to water and I really want one of those bad boys with a cold glass of milk.

I have so far resisted my cravings but I was on a mission to make a cookie that I could have and one that doesn't require the "gluten free flours" that are very hard to find where I live.  So after 4 batches and lots of input from friends (thanks guys!) I have decided this is the one.  

I love it.  And the best part is that it is super easy and all the ingredients are basics from your kitchen.  Saaweeet!!

 And this cookie is amazing with Reeses Chocolate hearts on the top, mmmm....I think I will go have one right now.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies [Gluten Free]

(click here for printable version)

1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/4 cup cocoa powder
Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or Hershey Kisses

1. Preheat oven to 375°F.  Line baking pans with parchment paper or silpat liners.  Set aside.

2. In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, egg, and cocoa powder using electric handheld mixer.  Mix well.  Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 1½-inch ball and place on your prepared baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart and putting 12 on each sheet.

3. Bake for 9 minutes (dough will be soft but remove promptly). Remove from oven, place a peanut butter cup or kiss in the middle of the cookie, pressing it into the cookie. and let cool completely slightly on pan before placing on cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Blogging tips