Monday, April 22, 2013

Peanut Butter Oreo Muddy Buddies

Did you get an email to see if you were the winner? Check it out and see! 

The other day on Facebook I ask what kind of Oreo I should use in the new recipe I was making.

The top votes were for mint and peanut butter. Mmmm so delicious!! I love both of them but as I was browsing through the store I decided on the peanut butter Oreos especially after I "found" the peanut butter M&Ms. 

Maybe I should say they "found" me. Seriously, I "heart" those little things so much.  

Well this was a hit. Everyone at this house was in love. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is the ultimate for me so adding even more chocolate and even more peanut butter seemed like the most natural thing in the world.

Heaven. Heaven. Heaven.

Peanut Butter Oreo Muddy Buddies

(click here for printable version)

9 cups Chex cereal (rice, corn or chocolate)
1 cup peanut butter M&Ms, chopped coarsely
1/4 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
10 peanut butter Oreos
1 cup powdered sugar

1. Mix cereal and peanut butter M&Ms in large bowl and set aside. In medium microwave safe bowl combine butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Microwave in 30 second increments until everything is melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla. Set aside.

2. Crush Oreos in your food processor (I like to have them crushed fine which is why I use my food processor but you can also crush them in a ziploc bag to the consistency you prefer). In a large ziploc bag add Oreo crumbs and powdered sugar. Mix well.

3. Pour chocolate over cereal and M&Ms. Stir until completely covered. Pour into ziploc bag and shake until cereal is coated with powdered sugar mixture. Pour onto large rimmed cookie sheet and let set 5 minutes to let chocolate set completely. Eat and enjoy!
Blogging tips